1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth cell dialing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ernda, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ernda

ernda New Member

My cell phone is programmed with a one touch dial to call my work phone and automatically enter the tones needed to reach my voice mail and retrieve messages. It works with the Prius bluetooth system if I press the number on my phone itself. I havea 2006 so I can enter numbers into the Prius phonebook but can't get it to do the automatic sending of tones after my work phone answers to get the messages. Is there a way to program this into the Prius phonebook? It has keys to enter pasues and such but it doesn't send other tones beyod the call in number.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Details Car, year, Phone, Service provider. Folks can help but we need details.

3. ernda

ernda New Member

Sorry. 2006 Prius, package 8 with Verizon. Phone is Motorola V710

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    what you need to do is create a speed dial in this format

10 digit number
    pause, pause
    # (this maybe different. what you are looking for is the access button you push to reach the voice mail system)
    your voice mail password

i also have verizon and my voice mail is a one button push access using this method. since you are accessing your work voice mail, the procedure will be a little different.

5. ernda

ernda New Member

Thanks, but doesn't work for me. It just dials the initial number but won't send any other tones after. Why isn't there an instruction manual for the bluetooth phone fefatures anyway?. Nothing on it in the Navigation manual or main owners manual. All kinds of features such as "speed tones" which I don't have a clue about.

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

For your password to work, you need to generate a tone. Trouble is when you dial by bluetooth the phone takes the signal from the keypad on the car and doesn't send out a tone with each button pressed. It waiting til the Outgoing (or send) button is pressed and thinks "Ok, it wants me to dial this number" but since after you make a call and it connects, there's no way to press Send again to tell the phone to dial this number (or in your case to generate a tone)

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    that is true for any tone activated system, that is why the pauses are necessary

8. ernda

ernda New Member

True, but even if I program in the pauses it does not send any more tones once the call is connected.

9. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bingo