1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth cell phone recommendation for 2006

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by clifford, Nov 12, 2006.

1. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am looking for the best phone to handle bluetooth calling on my 2006 Prius. If everything else is the same and I have to download one number at a time to the directory then I can do this. I am looking at all information before I start a new plan this month. Thanks for all of your help. Yes I prefer Verizon as I have tried others and it has been most reliable to date. I don't have much in the way of other needs except for size of phone and of course a great look would be good. I just want a good phone to do what it is meant to do.

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You won't find a phone from Verizon that will allow you to transfer your phonebook, even one entry at a time. Verizon has disabled that portion of bluetooth functionality.

That being said, I have a Motorola E815 from Verizon that works just fine with the car. I had to manually enter my contacts into the car.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

I have an E815 and it certainly does work just fine with my '04 but, of course, no PB transfer capability. However, I also have a Nokia 6256i which works just fine with my car and *does* have PB transfer capability, albeit one contact at a time. The problem is the model has been officially discontinued by VZW but some Circuit City kiosks may still have some floating around, in case there's any interest, and there are a bunch available (new-in-box) on ebay. I can attest that the 6256i is an excellent phone RF-wise and is definitely feature-rich.

Have there been any reports on the 2366i in terms of PB transfer capability?