1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Connection Delay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stevid1, Sep 6, 2006.

1. stevid1

stevid1 New Member

I have a 2005 Prius. I just got a Motorola Razr with Cingular Service from Let's Talk, Toyota's linked supplier of cell phones. Whenever I make a call from the phone I get up to a 20 second delay from my communicating with the person I called, (they have already picked up and ask , "who's there") When I call from the nav screen this delay does not happen. Further, this problem DOES NOT happen on my friend's 2006 Prius utilizing my phone which I temporarily pair. I spoke to Toyota and they said the fault lies with Cingular and no, they will notupdate my BLuetooth system to the one in the 2006. Toyota also says that their pairing information says that "Audio" sometimes does not work between the phone and the car (huh??). By the way, Motorola replaced the phone, problem remains,thinking it might possibily be their fault and Cingular has no answers.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As soon as it goes silent (no more ringing for the call you are placing), just start talking. It's a bizarre sensation, but surprisingly seemless if you begin at that moment.

People on the other end usually have no idea I said "Hi" to nothing, not hearing their answer greeting at all. But it does allow me to place a call from the phone using the older system... which is pretty darn impressive considering it is a 2004 and most newer vehicles still don't offer any type of Bluetooth connection. Prius is way ahead of its time.

By the way, I also have a Motorola Razr with Cingular Service.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a @ Sep 6 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]315448[/snapback]</div>
    Same here, and I agree with what john mentions above. When the ringing stops and you hear silence on the other end, just start talking as the call is usually already in process. I've had a handful of instances where either I or the person I was calling was in a bad reception area and the call would fall through on the first try, but it has happened very very seldomly.