1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth connection quality issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jim MacDonald, May 3, 2013.

1. Jim MacDonald

Jim MacDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All,

I have a 2013 Prius II that I have been mating to my iPhone 5 via bluetooth for some time. It works perfectly except for one issue: I use a ProClip mount to secure the phone on the middle vents above the radio display (great mount btw) - when I place a call (and often when listening to music) I get very poor, staticky, sound quality. The kicker is, when I move the phone out from the holder and into a different part of the car the quality improves to where it should be. I can't tell but it seems to me that the vent area above the radio display is something of a 'dead zone' for the Prius Bluetooth connection. At first I thought it was the mount but if I remove the phone from the mount and move it a few inches to the side, next to it, I still have the same problems.

Does anyone have any ideas or any similar experiences? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
    J