1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Connection with iPhones

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by buckaroo, Aug 28, 2011.

1. buckaroo

buckaroo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    How does the Bluetooth work with the iPhone and the hands-free talking and listening? Anyone have input?

2. Carzone

Carzone New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sure. Nice and Easy, even with the non-Navi version.

3. bdiddy

bdiddy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have an iphone 4 synced with my 2010 and it works great. I've not had any complaints from people I've talked to. Most of them didn't even notice that I was using the hands-free in my prius. I'm on Verizon, but I've used it with an ATT iphone with similar results.

4. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My iPhone paired easily and works very well. Call quality is good. One issue is that you can't directly sync iPhone contact data so your names/numbers will have to be entered manually into the car, or a workaround found. Some users have reported successfully being able to upload contacts from a BT-enabled laptop, though I haven't tried that.

5. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was able to sync contacts to the car (with Nav system) - the only caveat is that you can't sync an individual contact, you have to do the whole phonebook. And that will undo any special settings you had made for any individuals, I do believe.

And yes, in general, the system works well.

6. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not clear in the many threads I've found here and elsewhere whether there's a difference between nav and non-nav equipment when it comes to synching contacts, but from my own experience with both 2007 and 2011 non-nav (JBL premium) equipped Prii, and the number of posts on the subject as a whole, there's undoubtedly an issue somewhere!