1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Connection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by abas, May 4, 2006.

1. abas

abas New Member

I had this posted on the Audio section, but got no response. I thought I might get some answers here.

I am trying to get my 2006 package 6 to make a connection with my Razr Cingular Phone.

Following the onscreen steps I get to the part that says to enter the passcode on screen into the phone. I do that but it says nothing after that. Do you have to push something on the phone after the passcode is entered, or is that when the phone is trying to make a connection? It does nothing, just sits there.

Thanks

2. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

On the phone, make sure you're telling it to look for a handsfree device, you don't want the "find me" option on the phone. I don't have Cingular and the menus tend to vary a little so I can't give you an exact menu step-by-step.

The phone should ask if you want to pair with "Hands Free" after the passcode. If you're doing it right, it should be pretty fast. It will never go anywhere if you don't have it search for a handsfree device though.

3. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

I do have Cingular & Bluetooth working, and I just had to do this the other day, but I don't have the same phone as you.

From the best of my (4 day old) memory, first I had to tell the car I was setting up a phone. Then, I had to tell the phone to look for a Bluetooth device. It found "HANDS FREE" (which is the Prius). The car then gives me a passcode. My phone is waiting for it to be entered. After typing it in, my phone had one of the buttons on the screen labelled as "enter" or "OK" or something, which I pressed.

From then on, they were a pair!

Good luck!

4. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abas @ May 4 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]249758[/snapback]</div>
    I had a similar problem with my Sony Ericsson in January. The phone and the Prius seemed to do all the right things - but finally no connection was made. However on the 6th time I went through the same details it suddenly worked OK. It now reports on most days "Bluetooth connection completed" when I switch on but sometimes it reports that connection has failed, then 2 minutes later it reports "completed". So the whole set-up seems a bit erratic.