1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth connects but no sound ,Need help to download radio head firmware

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pchatd, Sep 5, 2022.

1. pchatd

pchatd New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    V
    Hi my prius 2014 plug-in has a bluetooth problem, it connects correctly but not streaming the music sound, the phone call streaming is good however. I searched around and found this seem a common issue and should be able to fix by a reflash the firmware? but all the firmware link online were invalid as till today, anyone can share a link to download? much appreciated.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I sometimes find I have to change the audio source from Bluetooth to Satellite or something else and back to Bluetooth to make it work on music. Obviously the Settings - Bluetooth pairings has to be right.

3. linkinkampf19

linkinkampf19 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    New to the forum, but I've been dealing with this issue over the past week over on the r/Prius subreddit. 2014 Prius Three, and basically the same scenario. Both myself and a fellow redditor are having the same issue, although they have a Prius c. When connecting Bluetooth, I get the same issue, "Please Wait", and it never connects. Tried a full reset of the multimedia center (turning headlights on and off whilst holding the Setup button), tried a different phone (iPhone vs Android), etc. All end with the message above, and yet I can also still make phone calls through it, and both car and phone "see" each other. My next steps are either removing the fuse to hopefully kill the center, and then reinsert it, or as I've read around the net, perhaps disconnecting the 12v battery temporarily to do much the same.

If you happen to find the firmware update, I'd love to test it as well. Link to our discussion over there: