1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth dialing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TSaxman28, Jun 24, 2007.

1. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    When entering phone numbers into the phonebook on my 2007 Prius, there are Pause and Wait buttons. What is their function?

I need to enter a pause as part of a phone number to dial an extension, I used the Pause button on the console, it entered a "p" into the number, but when I use the number it just stops where the p is. Anybody know how to get a 2-second pause in a number?

Thanks,
    Craig

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Enter the phone number, push P, and enter the extension. Save.

When youselect that number for calling, the number will dial, and when you are ready push the "send tone" button and the ext. will then dial.

3. TSaxman28

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks for the quick response!

I dialed a number with a p , but a "send tone" button did not appear anywhere on the screen. :(

Any thoughts on what I should try next?

Thanks,
    Craig

4. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tsaxman28 @ Jun 24 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]467383[/snapback]</div>

OK, go back and edit the phone number and use a "w" (wait) instead of a "p" (pause). Now when you dial, the send tone button should appear when you dial the number. The could be alot better at explaining these two features and their functions.

5. TSaxman28

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G-man @ Jun 25 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]467474[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks again.

Unfortunately using a "w" did not make a send tone button appear either.

Yes, Toyota could most definitely have done a much better job informing everyone about the functions of the Pause and Wait buttons.

6. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you making the "p" and "w" we are talking about with the "pause" and 'wait" buttons on the screen? It works for me.

7. TSaxman28

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G-man @ Jun 25 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]467874[/snapback]</div>
    Yes I am. I re-entered the number, first with the "p" using the Pause button, and then with the "w" using the wait button. When I dial the number, it gets to the w or p and then stops, but no other buttons appear on the screen. Do I need to be moving for this to happen, or should the buttons appear when stopped as well? Do you have the navigation system? I do not.

thanks,
    Craig

8. TSaxman28

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G-man @ Jun 25 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]467874[/snapback]</div>
    Eureka!!! I figured it out. :D I entered a phone number, followed by a "w", followed by an extension. Then, I dialed the number, pressed the "0-9" button, a new screen came up and there was the extension. Then I pressed the "Send" button and it dialed the extension. I also figured out that if you include a "p" in the number , the "Speed tone" button appears on the second screen, instead of Send, and if you press it you go to the Speed Tone screen.

Very convoluted and somewhat dangerous while driving. :unsure: