1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth dialing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by josephdmcc, Jul 28, 2007.

1. josephdmcc

josephdmcc josephdmcc

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know this will sound a little spoiled, since I already think the Bluetooth thing is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but is there any way I can hasten the dialing process? I have my speed dial numbers in, but once I say the name, I want to be able to just have it start dialing not have to wait while she says..."Now...briefly ...press...the...speech....button..............or...press....the...off...hook...button....to....dial..If I hit either of those buttons while she is talking, , the phonebook/speedial list reappears, and I have to start over.

OK, I know it seems trivial, but sometimes I need to phone right away, and besides, you can interrupt the prompts on your cell, why not on this system? Or am I missing something?

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josephdmcc @ Jul 28 2007, 03:59 PM) [snapback]486765[/snapback]</div>
    I totally agree, I don't like waiting for command prompt guidance to finish either. Funny thing is, you can interrupt that kind of voice prompting with the nav system, and it's ok. Matter of fact you can shut most of it off with the nav. Not so with phone guidance.

Best bet for fast dialing is to just use speed dials off the MFD. You made a reference to speed dials above, but in the same sentence commented on "saying the name". So, I'm not sure you know what speed dials really are. Speed dials are single touch selections on the MFD telephone page. Those are best for fastest dialing. Can be programmed after the number is entered into your phonebook.

3. josephdmcc

josephdmcc josephdmcc

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G-man @ Jul 28 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]486816[/snapback]</div>

Thanks. Does speed dialing work while the car is moving?

4. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josephdmcc @ Jul 29 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]487132[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. I have a 2004 and have always referred to those speed dial buttons as "1-touch" buttons or entries to eliminate confusion. At least that's the way they're labeled on my '04; not sure if they appear under a different name on the post-2004 model year cars. Regardless, as indicated, they *do* work when the car is in motion.

5. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josephdmcc @ Jul 29 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]487132[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, they are about the only function of the phone that works while the car is moving other than voice rec.
    Set them up by selecting 'settings' on the telephone page, then 'speed dial', and register them from your phonebook entries.