1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Disconnects

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Michael King, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Michael King

Michael King Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I commute 80 miles each way every day. (About 1hour 2ominutes). I usually listen to audiobooks off my bluetooth paired phone.

For as long as I've had the car (January of 2013), the Audio will stop playing on the car, but the phone will keep playing in the application, just no audio playing anywhere cause the phone still thinks it's sending to the headunit. I have to stop the audio on the phone, count to 5, and restart it again to get it to continue playing.

Things I've noticed.
    • Takes awhile. Never before the first 60 minutes, but random times after that first 60.
    • Happens pretty regularly, I'd almost say every single time, but I rarely make the entire trip straight thru. (Bathroom break, stop and get a snack, get gas, etc)
    • When it stops, the display on the headunit will indicate the "Pause banner" like it was command that was sent.
    • When it stops, if I immediatly stop it, and restart it, I still hear no sound. I have to stop it, and wait up to 5 seconds before I can hit start.
    • When it stops, I've let it run up to 2 minutes in hopes that it will restart, but it never does.
    • Seems to be application independent, I use 3 different applications to listen to audiobooks, and have experienced it with all three. (Mostly using my local Library's Overdrive Application, free books are a good thing, but have also used, Smart Audiobook player, Audible, and the built in samsung music player.)
    • I have never tried just playing music via pandora or google music.

Items at play here:
    • Verzion Samsung Galaxy S3, running 4.1.2 Stock. (Also had issue with 4.0.4 Stock when I got the phone)
    • Headunit is running 2.1 I think (not the absolute latest, but one version back. Dealer forgot to do the update last time I was in for oil change)
    • It's a 2013 Prius 3
    Thoughts?
    Anyone else corroborate with similar findings?

Things I'm going to try
    • I should be gettting an oil change in the next 2 weeks, and will have the headunit firmware done then, see if it has any changes.
    • After the book I'm one finishes, I'll try a trip of just music.
    • Try to measure the drop out and see how consistent it is.
    Mike

2. Michael King

Michael King Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    So of course, I start a stopwatch today, and drove the full 90 minutes without stopping, and the radio didn't cut out.
    Now to try to repeat on the return trip.