1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Got Me

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by iykisa, Mar 13, 2007.

1. iykisa

iykisa Junior Member

I went to the car wash yesterday and got a little surprise. Tried to place a call from my wireless while the car was going through the machinery. The person I called answered and the phone said "speakerphone on", but I couldn't hear a thing. Tried four times with the same result.

Turned out they left the Prius power on and I was just close enough to the car for the Bluetooth to connect. :blink: The lady I was calling couldn't figure out what the 'whoosh-whoosh' sound was.

2. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Heh heh!

That, my friend, is a funny, funny story.

'whoosh-whoosh'

3. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Similar experience. I accidentally turned on my bluetooth ear piece and tried to use my phone, I dialed out OK but I could not hear the person answering. I was ready to return the phone to Verison. Another learning experience.

4. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Another similar thing.
    My wife was driving the Prius, I called her from my other car right behind her Prius. I couldn't hear anything, then I realized my phone was connected to her Prius' bluetooth. She said she heard her own voice :) funny experience. I didn't think the car's bluetooth can reach that distance 20-50 feet.

5. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ Mar 13 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]404981[/snapback]</div>
    If I forget and leave my cell phone in the house and leave, when I get back home (still in the driveway, before turning off the car), I get the message about the bluetooth connection being successful.

Next time that happens, I'll have to call my wife on the home phone to ask her if she can find my cell phone.

Dave M.

6. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was once freaked out when I saw my bluetooth sign light on my phone while watching tv in the living room. Connection was established somehow. I looked out my window and saw my wife returning from the market with my car. I live on the 4th floor of an apartment. Talk about range!

Also, about 2-3 times I caught myself leaving the car on or having someone wait in the car when I get a incoming call while standing outside my prius. I can hear the person speaking inside my prius but they can't hear me on my cell and I have to run back to the car to talk to them. Annoying...