1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Gripes and Anomalies

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cha95sim, Jul 28, 2005.

1. cha95sim

cha95sim New Member

I have a Nokia 6600 using T-Mobile in the Arlington, TX area.

Often, with or without the phone connected to the Prius, I get a repeating anomaly or an echo in the phone. My words are echoed back to me. Hanging up and trying again will usually correct the situation.

Also, when I make a call using the Prius, a loud squeal happens when the party answers.

Has anyone had similar experiences or problems while using bluetooth with the Prius.

Regards,

2. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I don't get the signal strength bars with my Nokia 6230. Everything else seems to work as expected.

3. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

With my Nokia 6620 on Cingular in the SF Bay Area, I don't get signal strength bars and don't hear ringing or the first few seconds of the conversation. I often don't hear people say "hello" when I call them, which makes the conversation rather awkward, starting with "Are you there? Can you hear me?". For that reason I've mostly given up on using Prius handsfree until I need a new phone.

4. mmccking

mmccking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The "pick-up" delay happens with all phones when using your handset to do the dialing. If you use the 1-touch, MFD keypad or phonebook it works just fine.

I can't tell you how many times I've been hung up on because people don't think anyone's there.

My other grip: With the Mototorol v551 phone, entries are uploaded and sorted by last name. I don't often list contacts by their full name in my phone, so I wind up getting funky entries like "& Marie, Donny" on the Prius.

Anybody know a way around this besides editting all my phone entries?