1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth hands free

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BLEW2TH, Dec 31, 2004.

1. BLEW2TH

BLEW2TH New Member

Just purchased the new Motorola V710 (Verizon) which works great except:

1) cannot get cell phonebook to transfer, and am having heck of a time with Prius manual, figuring out how to manually install numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

2) when there is incoming call, manual states an alert "sound" is made in addition to screen notification, which makes common sense. However, I receive no such "sound". Does anyone?

Thanks all, from an appreciative snow cone

Bill

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    1. I am in the same boat that you are in with my Sprint LG PM-325 phone. There is no way to manually install names and numbers in the Prius' phone book. I managed to set a few "One touch" numbers by manually dialing the numbers and then setting the One touch positions from the call log.

2. My phone does not ring through the car's audio system, either. However, I can answer incoming calls, using the car's Handsfree system, by touching the appropriate button on the steering wheel.

My conclusion is that there is no Bluetooth CDMA phone that is fully compatible with the Prius Handsfree system. The GSM phones (Cingular, AT&T and T-Mobile) are leaps and bounds ahead in this department. If I was not the beneficiary of a substantial business Nationwide Volume Discount Program (25%) I'd switch service providers in a heartbeat.

3. BLEW2TH

BLEW2TH New Member