1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Handsfree automatically answers incoming calls

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rick Grahn, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a verizon Treo 650. Everything works great with one exception--and this may have to do with some setting I am unaware of. When I have an incoming call, the radio (if it is on) automatically mutes and the call is automatically answered.

Is there a way I can make it so I choose to answer the call or not? This does not happen when I use the phone by itself (i.e. not through Prius' bluetooth handsfree).

Thanks in advance!

2. FourOhFour

FourOhFour Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is generally an option on the phone. Look for an autoanswer setting, it might be grouped with other settings for handsfree or when in a car. I don't have a Treo, so I don't know where exactly it would be...

3. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Go to the Prefs icon on your Treo 650. I also have the one from Verizon.

There is one of the Preferences called Handsfree. Tap it and you will see a screen with a pop-up menu called Auto answer.

You have described a setting for the Auto Answer pop-up that will probably say "Immediately" rather than "After 1 ring" or "After 2 rings" or "Disable," which is what mine says and probably what you want.

This will let you know a call is coming in on the MFD of the Prius, the Treo will ring, and the Treo screen will display the Answer/Ignore buttons.

I'm rusty on this last part, but I think you can tap "Hang up" (which is shown as the red phone in a switch) on the Prius display to Ignore an incoming call (sends it to voicemail). The phone button on the steering wheel is only a toggle and will answer the call.

4. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you. that was it. I should have known. Sorry to bother everyone!

5. Jleven22

Jleven22 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm bumping this because I'm still having issues with my iPhone 6s. I don't know how to disable this. Any help?