1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth has a mind of it's own

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mike696, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mike696

mike696 New Member

My first post, but have been lurking for two months. I need help with a weird problem. I've had my 2007 Prius Touring Package 5 for about 2 months and on about 5 occasions, my cell phone (Motorola V551 on AT&T) has initiated outgoing calls on its' own!!! It always happens (I think) when I am turning the steering wheel or right after bluetooth connects. It calls my wife, usually the last call I have made. I have tried both cell phone control buttons on the steering wheel and can't make them call my last numbered dialed.

Anyone else have this issue or an idea of what or who might be causing this to happen. One of these days it might call the wrong person when my wife is in the car with me!!!!!!!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's more likely that your cell phone is doing a redial. All of the cell phone buttons still work when you are connected to Bluetooth, so a bump on the redial button will cause it to dial.

Tom

3. gotprius

gotprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike696 @ Jun 19 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]464722[/snapback]</div>
    I use a bluetooth earphone when I am not in my prius. My phone is usually in my pocket and I often have the same experience you are describing. I agree with Tom, it is your cell phone and not a problem with the Prius.

Ron

4. mike696

mike696 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think that is the cause. My phone is a flip phone design and has never done this over the past two years. There are no buttons on the outside that could cause a call to be made. Interestingly, three of the incidents have occurred within 1000 ft of the same corner. Perhaps there may be some kind of electrical interference in that area? That's the conclusion I have come to. I really wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this phenomena. Going to dealer would probably do no good since I am unable to duplicate this behavior. I'll probably be getting a new cell phone in the next month or so maybe the problem will go away. Any recommendations for a good flip phone (not Motorola) for the AT&T GSM network? Thanks for the help.

5. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hmmm...I have the same phone and provider. No problems at all.

6. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have the exact same phone and car combination. It always works as its supposed to. I've given up on the voice activation, but the basic Bluetooth/V551 combination seems OK. May be the phone. Isn't there a programmable button on the side of the Motorola? Maybe its set for redial, and gets bumped somehow?