1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Headache! Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by waskewich, Nov 21, 2005.

1. waskewich

waskewich New Member

Hello there,

I am a patient Sprint customer who has waited for them to release a phone capable of working with my Prius. Finally the day came and I purchased the Samsung A940. Great phone and after an easy set-up I was styling with my hands free bluetooth driving experience.

The next day however I got into my car. I turned it on and got the wonderful "bluetooth connection successful" message. I proceeded to make a call, the radio automaticlaly cut out, but I did not hear anyone on the speakers. I hung up and tried again. And again, nothing. Suddenly my phone rings. I answer and once again nothing. I finally pick up the phone the old fashion way and the person on the other side was wondering why I kept calling them and hanging up. So basically my calls were connecting, but the sound was not playing nor could they hear me speaking.

Later that day, without changing anything, it suddenly worked again. And since then it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't... doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason either way.

Anyone have a similiar problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Sounds like a bad pair. I'd delete the phone from the Prius computer and the car from the phone and repair them. Bad pairing happens fairly often. I have the same setup and I've been able to avoid 99% of problems by making sure I dial from the handset and not from the screen. Incoming calls I answer from the steering wheel.

That said, there will be an update to the 940's software, focusing mostly on bluetooth in late december.

3. waskewich

waskewich New Member

Thanks for the fast reply. I will make it a habit of using the handset to dial my calls.

4. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

The 970 for Verizon and the Sprint 940 while they look the same, are very different.