1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth inconsistency problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by artnc, May 11, 2012.

1. artnc

artnc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I looked at other threads and did not see the unique problem I experience. When I first paired my phone everything worked perfectly for months. Then one day the icon no longer showed on the JBL radio and I just figured the phone sort of "unpaired" itself. After doing nothing some weeks later all of a sudden the bluetooth returned to working properly. THen after a few weeks it stopped again. I did nothing and it stated working again after a few weeks. This pattern happened about 4 or 5 times now and being intermittent I have not bothered taking the issue to a dealer yet. Has anyone ever had this issue and if so, did you discover why this happened and how to deal with it?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have not seen this particular complaint. How many miles? Still under warranty?

If you can video it when it does not work then you may be able to show the dealer even though he cannot duplicate it.

I have a similar but different issue and I also have the Nav but according to your Avatar you do not. I just upgraded phones and my new phone pairs automatically with the car 9 times out of 10. When it does not pair I have found that the only fix, other than rebooting the phone, is to turn off the phone bluetooth and turn it back on and then do a reconnect from the car.

If it does not pair again try resetting the bluetooth on your phone and see if it will reconnect.

1 person likes this.