1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth integration kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jukeboy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. jukeboy

jukeboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Circuit City had the Parrot 3000CK for the black friday special of $99.99 installed excluding additional parts such as a wiring harness, and so I had to purchase the Metra BT-1761 integration kit for 87-05 Toyotas, but it appears it doesn't work for the Prius according to Crutchfield.com, which obviously has a better price too.

I already had some reservations after picking it up prior to checking Crutchfield.com, so I'm going back to check with CC to see if I could return it for a full refund should it found not to be compatible after opening it. does anyone have advice to offer?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is an earlier post on here or PriusOnLine on the same topic with the same results. Nope, it won't work. If you didn't purchase a Prius with bluetooth capability, you're out of luck, unless someone invents a new gadget.

3. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firepa63 @ Nov 26 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]544235[/snapback]</div>

why doesn't it work?

I have the parrot 3200 and i have it working in my car right now

4. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [attachmentid=12627]Motorola makes a Bluetooth kit. I believe it is called the IHS1000 or something like that. Here is a picture of an older model Bluetooth kit from them. I use one in my Prius and it works very well.

Attached Files:

5. tedmarshall

tedmarshall New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jukeboy @ Nov 26 2007, 05:34 AM) [snapback]544203[/snapback]</div>
    Check out Quick Connect (formerly parrotkit.com). I had a 3000CK with their harness in my previous car (Mazda 6) and was very happy with it.

6. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Metra BT-1761 is just a kit to allow you to tap into the factory radio wiring without cutting.
    I'm currently using the 1760 & 1761 in combination to avoid cutting the factory wires so I can
    feed an aftermarket audio system.
    I know that they are compatible with the 2006 non-JBL prius, but I can't say for sure for the 2008....although I don't believe much has changed.

The store wants to use the kit to tap in to the factory speaker wires.
    The Parrot kit won't integrate with the MFD or anything, but the sound will come over your speakers and
    it will mute the stereo when you receive or make a call.

Hope this helps.