1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth interrupting Stereo all the time

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by longdrive352, Sep 18, 2018.

1. longdrive352

longdrive352 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I found my new (to me) 2010 a couple weeks ago now, and I LOVE it.

However, despite the bluetooth working pretty well for Pandora and calls too (Note 8), it appears to be a bit over zealous. If I wake the phone up to look at notifications, it interrupts the stereo for several seconds. If I'm already in the phone and I open an app, or I use the home button, again....it interrupts the stereo for several seconds. Its annoying the heck out of me.

Any idea whats going wrong and how to correct it ?

Thanks

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Android lets you set audio routing app by app. You can set your music app to send audio to bluetooth, and everything else to use the phone speaker.

That should eliminate the interruptions.

Pluggo likes this.
  3. longdrive352

longdrive352 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll have to take a look into that. I'm not sure if that is gonna be the ultimate fix for me tho. If I set pandora and calls to be dedicated to the prius, then i suspect i'm going to end up having to change the settings every time I grab the motorcycle helmet or use my bluetooth headset on my 9-5 job. The thing that really confuses me is that i can have ALL SOUNDs ....off, like when i wake up and leave the house @ 5:30, yet, the second I unlock the phone, my stereo is getting interrupted. Often i'm using apps that don't even use sound, and the second hit an icon, or move from one app to another, it happens again. Maybe it's just the system sounds causing it...like the click you hear whenever you start something up, or open the phone... but then i still wonder why it happens if I have all the sounds muted. I'll look at those settings tho. Maybe i'll see something that makes sense.

Thanks again for the suggestion.