1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sincitymedic, Mar 15, 2007.

1. sincitymedic

sincitymedic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I've had my '07 Package 6 for 2 weeks now......loving it. I'm having a problem w/ my Bluetooth setup, though. First, some background info:

I have a Sanyo 8400 (SprintPCS). When I first got my Prius, I paired the phone w/ my Prius w/o difficulty. It has worked flawlessly....until last night. Last night, I was showing off my new Prius to some friends; they particularly liked the Bluetooth function. So, I paired their phone & showed them how easy this was. We made a call from their phone via the MFD interface. I went home & re-connected my phone w/ the Prius. I didn't receive or place any calls on the way home, so I didn't think too much of it.

I got in my Prius to drive to work this AM & the phone wouldn't pair automatically. I checked to make sure this setting was checked (it was). I couldn't figure it out.....I tried several times to simply manually connect the 2 devices, but to no avail. When I got to work, I had a bit of time to spare, so I deleted the pairings on both the phone & the MFD/Prius. I basically started anew.....

It seemed to work ok.....but, after a while, I noticed that my phone & the MFD showed the 2 devices were paired. When I received a call, it rang through the Prius audio system. However, I had to actually pick-up my phone in order to hear/talk. I tried placing a call after this, & although the phone/MFD reported the 2 devices were connected, the call would not halt/sush the radio & I heard nothing through the audio system. I, once again, had to pick up the phone rather than use the Prius' system. I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is or how to fix it......

Any ideas/help? IS my Bluetooth in my new Prius faulty?

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just sounds like a bad pair. No big deal. Delete the bluetooth profile on both your phone and car again and try again.

3. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Also, to have the car automatically answer a call, I have to have my phone "headset" setting set to auto answer.

4. sincitymedic

sincitymedic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks to both or responding.
    Vagabond -- I did try this. I will try it again to see if anything has changed. The first attempt did nothing, however.

Renocat -- I never had the auto-answer set. When he system was working as expected, I simply hit he answer button on the steering wheel.

I'll try Vagabond's solution again.....any other ideas out there?

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sincitymedic @ Mar 16 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]407100[/snapback]</div>
    That's all you can do. I suppose if you want to be paranoid and through you could delete the profiles on both the car and phone, power down and power up both car and phone and then start the pairing process.

6. Capemayal

Capemayal Junior Member

If you have more than one phone paired, you need to select the current phone in the MFD.

7. allanh

allanh Junior Member

I'm having a similar problem. My 2005 Prius & my Treo 700p paired and worked together perfectly for a couple of months, then I started having problems with the pairing dropping at random while driving. One call would work, and on the next call, the pairing just wasn't there. If I turned off the Prius (not the phone!), the pairing would return.

As of today, I can't pair them at all. The phone sees the Prius, and pairs itself ... but the Prius never detects that the phone's paired, and the MFD just sits at the "Enter code key into your phone" screen forever. :blink:

Did you ever find an answer to your problem?

... Allan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sincitymedic @ Mar 15 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]406565[/snapback]</div>

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allanh @ May 5 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]436116[/snapback]</div>

The 700p has some major bluetooth issues. This is one of them. You'll have to hard reset it, but this is only a temporary fix. Palm is releasing an update that supposed to help with this at the end of the month.

9. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In PC, when in trouble, reboot!
    With Bluetooth, when in trouble, re-pair! (clean record from BOTH devices first!)
    If that does not work, one of the Bluetooth devices has turned bad.
    Track down which one is bad by borrowing another cell phone to pair up.

I just bought a Motorola S9 (stereo headset) to pair with my 3G V3xx for music and not missing calls.
    The music portion worked fine, but the phone function simply did not work at all. Yesterday, I exchanged it
    for a new one. Everything works well. The point is that, so far, I have personally run into two cases where
    Bluettoth devices failed (one on cell phone, one on S9 headset). Analog circuitry is simply not as well
    tested as digital one. :(

10. PHanna

PHanna Junior Member

I'm having trouble with my Motorola Q pairng consistently. I'll be paired, then a few calls later, I'm not paired anymore. I have to stop the car to get them re-paired again. Hope we can find a solution.

11. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have found that turning Bluetooth off on my phone (Samsung A707 "Sync"), waiting a few minutes, then turning it back on usually fixes a weird pairing. Turning the car off for a few minutes and back on isn't as convenient, especially when you're driving.

12. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EarthCare @ May 5 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]436202[/snapback]</div>
    EarthCare,
    I had that issue with my SE w600i under two circumstances:
    1) when the SE 600i was in a leather holster clipped on my belt and hid under a coat.
    Somehow the Bluetooth signal became so weak that the link was dropped. If I put it closer to
    the Prius (say in the cup holder), it would be relinked but only if I did it with 10 seconds or so.
    Otherwise, the link could not be re-established by itself. One could turn the phone off and restart the
    phone. The link could be re-established as Bill said. It is easier than shutting down the Prius... :p
    2) with SE W600i, there is a Power Save mode under BT. One have to turn it ON (default is OFF from factory). When it is OFF, the BT would drop randomly (my guess is that it was trying to pair with other nearby devices.). After setting it to OFF, all went well other than issue (1)

Hope this experience helps you debug the issue.

13. GadgetMan2

GadgetMan2 New Member

I have found the location of the phone makes a big difference. The top glove box or front cup holder works best for my Treo 650. I tried putting it inside the center console with the charger plugged in, but it woudl lose the connection easily. I thought that was the perfect place with the charger, but I guess the signal is not strong enough.

14. Capemayal

Capemayal Junior Member

I keep my Treo 700w in my left trouser pocket. I have no problem with it.

Perhaps your phone's BT software is not working correctly.

I would suggest that you obtain another bluetooth capable phone, preferably the same as you have, and pair it, then see what happens.

If the problem still exists, then I would suspect the Prius' BT to be the problem, and have the dealer correct it.