1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Menus in a Model II

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by PlutoISaPlanet, Mar 28, 2012.

1. PlutoISaPlanet

PlutoISaPlanet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I'm having a hard time using the bluetooth functionality of the dash unit. First I need to confirm some things to make sure I'm not crazy:

1. There's no audible menus or voice commands
    2. There's no way to navigate the bluetooth menus through the steering wheel controls.

Is that correct? If so, moving on...

I can't find any way to input speed dials. I thought maybe it just read the speed dials in my phone so I entered some there, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Unless it's the current ROM I'm running on my Android, in which case this probably gets more complicated (MIUI has no integrated speed dial feature).

Is anyone having an easier time using bluetooth in the car than I am? I find myself needing to actually access my phone to make calls, which is less than ideal.

Streaming music through the bluetooth from the phone however works amazingly well.

2. outhouse

outhouse Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

1 and 2 are correct.

its also optimized for I phones, not droids.

3. Emahjin

Emahjin New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I had a bit of hard time with setting up my phone book and speed dials. I know the info is in the owner's manual. You first have to have bluetooth activated on your phone, hit set up and phonebook. Select the option below Add contact. You'll get a message on your phone asking for a file transfer. Once that is accepted your entire phonebook (on phone) will get loaded into the car radio. You can then set up the speed dials from there. All of this info is off the top of my head so it might be missing a step or two. Hope this helps.

4. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Once you have transferred your phone book, you navigate to the contact, click the button on the right side of the radio to select it, once it goes into the contact details there's an option to Add to Speed Dial, hit that button, and select the speed dial button on your radios.

5. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    To be honest, as "neat" as that feature is, to be required to navigate to the speed dial menu detracts from the ease of calling a speed dial, of which speed dialing is probably the intent.

Personally, I find that once the phone is paired to bluetooth, it's MUCH quicker to just hit your favorites list (iphone) and select someone from there. It's just as easy to reach for the phone as it is to reach for a knob and the phone doesn't require rotating a knob.

Just my opinion. The other thing is, even after you select the speed dial, it doesn't call them, you have to press the steering wheel control again, so it just makes more sense in my eyes to call from the phone and output thru bluetooth to the car.

6. kwhitty

kwhitty New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have an Android and I could send a single contact at a time by selecting the contact on my phone and then Share. Bluetooth was an option for sharing and then the contact went into the phone book. I've only put in a couple contacts since my whole phone book would be 150 people and I definitely don't need that many in my car phone book.

7. PlutoISaPlanet

PlutoISaPlanet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Was completely missing the transferring contacts part. Thanks, folks.