1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Mic Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Devil's Advocate, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does anybody know what effect the numbers on the bluetooth mic sensitivity screen mean? They range from +5 through 0 to -5. There is also an adjustment for the speaker volume which I changed from a 0 to +3 and now the phone volume is better out of the driver component speaker.

People say that my voice sounds hollow and hard to hear on the other end, plus they hear a lot of ambient noise (probably due to the poor sound absorption in the car, come on 5 pounds guys its really loud in here!). What should the selections be set at to improve the mic sound?

This screen is one of the Easter egg screens accessed after pressing the display button and touching the upper and lower corners.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Still doesn't explain what the three adjustments actuall mean or do.
    What doe the -5 to +5 recieve and send adjustments do as well as the other voice adjustment?

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Jan 5 2007, 05:49 PM) [snapback]371594[/snapback]</div>
    No idea. I didn't even know it would go negative. From all I can tell, the settings make little or no difference. Others have a different experience... as is being discussed in that other thread.