1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth my Mac

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Skarka, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Skarka

Skarka Junior Member

Greetings,
    I was playing with getting my Bluetooth-capable Powerbook to talk to the telephone interface in my (new to me) '04 Prius. I got the Powerbook to see the car, but I haven't been able to get them to communicate. It would be neat to download my addressbook into the car.

My cell is not bluetooth.

Has anyone done this?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:4688f93150]There's a thread somewhere on PriusChat about spoofing the car, but I think it required a Bluetooth phone. The Prius has a pretty dumb Buetooth implementation, so once it thinks it is talking to a phone it can also talk to your PowerBook. Sorry to not have more information, but do some site searching.[/font:4688f93150]

3. sgljungholm

sgljungholm New Member

The best way to do the bluetooth mac thing is this.
    In address book, export a group vcard of you contacts that you want on the car. It can only send one telephone nuber from each contact in a vcard format so watch that. you may need to have,. mom-home 555-1212 and mon-cell 555-1213 to get all of them over. Then send the vcard to the car and it will upload your entire address book vcard export.