1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth - Never know what will start playing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusRos, May 22, 2011.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have an Android phone paired to the bluetooth and I love being able to listen to audio apps on the car stereo. However, it has a most annoying habit. The most common app I listen to through BT is Audible recorded books. I also have Pandora and the stock music player on my phone. Generally, before I shut down, I press the pause button on the audio screen and turn off the audio power switch. When I restart the car and the BT audio, while it will usually start with the app I was last listening to (i.e., Audible), it very often decides it is going to play something from the music player. I don't understand why it makes this decision because it isn't because I have been listening to the music player since turning off the car!

On other occasions, I've been playing Pandora, but the next time I start up it plays Audible or the music player.

Has anybody else had this problem with playing their audio apps through the Prius bluetooth? I suspect it might be a better question for the Android forums.

2. Alexma

Alexma Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think it's an Andorid/BT thing.

I believe there is a setting for it to not do that.

Mine always defaulted and started playing the music player.

If I remember correctly, I just change a setting on the phone.

Hope this helps....if was a Droid X

3. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, I have a Droid X as well. Have you any idea which setting to change?

I hardly ever use the music player so I don't understand why it keeps opening by itself.

(BTW, the Droid X rocks, doesn't it??)

4. Alexma

Alexma Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just took a quick look....can't remember what I did.

Was it in:

BT menu - Sounds - Music Player????

When I get more time to look....I will peek around more.

It might have been a setting on the radio too.....I just don't remember.

Yes, it rocks..............they just need to come out with a 4G versions ;)~

5. snakeye2669

snakeye2669 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    PriusRos,

Do you have tasker killer installed and if it on? It possible you have it to kill the apps and any apps that pop back on first have control of the bluetooth audio. It seem more on the android side. For me on my Evo 4G the androld music player run first when bluetooth audio reconnection to the vehicle even when Pandora is on, but on pause.