1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth no longer works. Prius v (lowercase v for the wagon) three (not III)

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by darkleafar, Jan 28, 2016.

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have the Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) Three (three not III) 2012. On the way back from work, I called my wife with my Samsung Note Edge connected through bluetooth to the car and it suddenly stopped working. It is as though the car had an on/off button for the bluetooth and somebody had switched it off. When I go to the setup screen, all I see is "Bluetooth Off" lit up, with an unchecked box right next to it. "Paired devices", which is usually lit, is greyed out. Everything else is working.
    If I turn off the car completely, then it suddenly starts working again, but only for about 30 seconds, then the bluetooth cuts off again.
    Is this a defect? Happened to anyone else? Does my extended warranty cover it? Recommendations? I could not find anything regarding this issue so you guys are my only hope. Thanks for your help.

2. Ivan White

Ivan White Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Check the blue tooth unchecked box and you should see your paired devices come back up.

3. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Even though it is lit, nothing happens when I tap the box. It makes a beep but continues unchecked and nothing happens

SAMSUNG-SM-N915A ?

4. Ivan White

Ivan White Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sometimes it is hard to check. Keep trying. It doesn't have anything to do with your phone.

5. bill03060

bill03060 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I had this happen to me last summer. I first noticed it in July, It would go out for days at a time and then start working. I kept track of the days and temps to see if it was related to either of them. Even when I stopped and rebooted the car, it would work for maybe 90 seconds and then die. I started using a Garmin GPS that has the same features and that worked perfectly. I tried removing Entune to see if that was the culprit. I unpaired numerous times but nothing seem to get it work again and then all of a sudden, it would start working for several weeks.

Then October came and it was out for almost 2 weeks. I was ready to call Toyota since I had already brought it in for service with this failure. Then fall came and it hasn't failed since then. I suspect it's heat related. I suspect it will come back when it starts to get hot again bit that won't be until June or July (I'm in NH).

6. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It's cold right now where I am so shouldn't it be working? Plus I'm in Houston and it worked perfectly when we were 100 degrees

SAMSUNG-SM-N915A ?

7. suzydoo_98@yahoo.com

[email protected] Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Has anyone figured this BS out? I took my car to the dealer, it spent two days in there, then they claimed MY PHONE was the cause. I am sorry- but my family uses a T-mobile phone, a Verizon Phone, an ATT phone and two Net 10 phones.... all of them worked fine until the BS started. NOW we have different ones go off at different times ( who is driving)... sometimes it comes back soon after- sometimes it just stays with the No Bluetooth items paired. "BLUETOOTH OFF". This wouldn't be as a big a deal if I did not live in a state with :Hands free" laws on the books. Another funny thing is that the EXACT SAME phones that the clowns at the local dealer tell me are the problem.... WORK GREAT WITH MY SIENNA...
    Anyone have any luck at all finding a dealer who could cough and pop his head out of his butt? Mine is even further upset as we had bought the National Platinum program with our car..... and well... that means they don;t get to MILK ME for new money everytime I return. A car with 15,000 miles, and the stuff is already failing?

8. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe because I have extended warranty, but wife took it just once, they checked it, wanted to blame it on software update, but sent wife prepared to tell them I already did software updates, they said okay we need to replace it we will call you when the part arrives. So right now I'm waiting for the part to arrive, no charge.

SAMSUNG-SM-N915A ?

9. suzydoo_98@yahoo.com

[email protected] Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Dark,
    What part are they going to replace? We also have the extended warranty and our wonderful dealer just blames it on the (5) different phones with (3) different carriers as all being the problem- NOT THE CAR. I truly need this thing to work, with the importance of speaking while driving. Again, a funny thing is we own a 2015 Sienna also- and every singe one of our phones work in that vehicle. I am getting so tired of the BS I may drive the car right through the front window of the dealers.... OOPS _ was trying to answer the phone cause bluetooth dont work.

10. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The entire head unit

SAMSUNG-SM-N915A ?

11. Richeeta

Richeeta New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    I just recently had this same issue and thats what brought me to priuschat. My bluetooth was working fine until the other day when I connected my niece's phone to my car. It was still working but then it just "offed" the next day. The bluetooth lights up as well but it just continuously searches for bluetooth. This is driving me crazy. I can't even see what devices are paired with my bluetooth anymore. Those options just have all but disappeared. Also, I drive a 2015 Prius v Tri

12. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My first step for Bluetooth issues is to delete/forget the pairing on my phone and vehicle and perform a fresh pairing from the Prius Bluetooth settings. I have to do this every time I use my USB Seek thermal camera and my phone asks if I want to connect to a USB device.

13. Richeeta

Richeeta New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    #13 Richeeta, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Judi Mohn Griggs likes this.
  14. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Do you have trim level one? That would be a fleet vehicle not for general sale to the public and depending on that fleet's specifications could very well not have Bluetooth capabilities.

Were you charging the phone when it did connect to your car? You can get some connectivity by plugging your phone via the USB port.

15. Richeeta

Richeeta New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    It's a trim that does have Bluetooth capabilities because I have been using it for the last 7 months. I use Bluetooth for hands free phone calls and no, my phone was not plugged in when my Bluetooth stopped working

#15 Richeeta, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  16. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Then it's off to the dealership to have it fixed under warranty.

17. BuckyB

BuckyB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, add me to the list. My 2013 Prius v (wagon) trim level 5 w/o atp just started this behavior 2 days ago. Bluetooth box is unchecked and no amount of pressing or pushing will "check" it. I re-started the car and Bluetooth again worked for less than a minute before switching itself off again. Has anyone found a solution for this?

18. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes. Full replacement.

SAMSUNG-SM-N915A ?

19. Judi Mohn Griggs

Judi Mohn Griggs New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Same problem here. Turned itself off while I was at work on day and ch=an't get the check box to turn back on- doesn't matter what software or device. Have tried all from the various devious that used to work fine but no go with anything. Sounds like a trip to the dealer ahead...
    Prius v (as the thread title states, it is lowercase v for the Prius v wagon, not an uppercase V because only the liftback Prius in model year 2010 used uppercase roman numerals for model designation) 2012 - no problems at all until now. I commute in Houston (2-4 hours daily) and am driving cross country this week. This is the wrong time for this to happen. If anyone has figured it out, please let me know...

20. ander358

ander358 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mine did the same thing. Delete and repair your device and turn of messaging and contacts sharing on the device you are pairing. It will stay connected.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.