1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth noise

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by T.G., Jul 5, 2012.

1. T.G.

T.G. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just got my Prius v with the tech package last week. Very happy so far and just found this forum, so I'm looking for any input on this one.

Pairing up a Droid X. That's no problem. But there is noise. It sounds like static or it's an analog connection on the fringe end of reception. I've tried it with the vehicle stopped in the garage, AC off but with the ignition on, engine not running. Noise is a crackling sound, light but constantly there.
    If I turn on the AC fan it gets worse. I made sure the air vents are not blowing into the mic (which is on the center ceiling panel, right?).
    Communications on the highway is impossible. I am totally unreadable to my caller.

So I'm guessing it's some type of electrical noise with all the fancy stuff going on in the car.
    Anyone else experienced this?
    Solutions?
    More info before I take the car back to the dealer to look at it?

Thanks all.
    T.O.

2. Mbern1008

Mbern1008 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I originally had my iPhone in the cup holder mount in the bottom center console and I had to move it to the upper center console in order to get rid of that static noise using Bluetooth. I assume what you did it was electrical interference or just too close

iPad ?

3. T.G.

T.G. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I did a bit more experimenting.
    Using a 'hang on your ear' bluetooth I tried it again. Same problem whenever I got into the car. And that was with everything off. Outside=OK. Inside=static.
    I even experimented with the smart key and that's not it.
    There is definitely something that is interfering with all bluetooth transmissions inside the car.

So what's transmitting with everything off?

T.O.