1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth not so blue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by filmguy, Oct 18, 2005.

1. filmguy

filmguy New Member

ok heres the deal I have a Nokia 9500 phone (the american model is9300) its a 12 hundred dollar phone. the bluetooth has worked with every blooth device I have thrown at it except(you guessed it) my new prius. The phone finds the prius because I get hands free on the phone but the prius can't seem to find the phone. The dealer says not compatible but who knows who he talked to.is there an adapter, a trick, a way to make this work .whatever I have to spend its cheaper than not using this 1200 dollar phone. thx for any and all sugestions.

2. unique2006

unique2006 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    why would you pay $1200 for a phone? does it have a built in laptop?

3. mt77

mt77 New Member

Nokia 9500 communicator

I guess you could call it a laptop... only $729.99 now though.

Googled!

Seems like someone got it to work without problems. Is that the old PriusChat?

Did someone use this to control a car in some movie? :lol:

~MT77

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Yes, it was posted on the old PC board but the post is here:

http://priuschat.com/Nokia-9500-works-in-Prius-t6073.html

filmguy: you might want to try a PM.

5. filmguy

filmguy New Member

strange it would work for someone and the dealer is telling me its not compatible. I PM "time for" for some insight hope I can get it working.thx to all for your help if you or anybody else have anymore ideas let me know

6. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This was initially a problem with the Treo 650 (until Palm updated it). A work around was to initiate a call from the phone during the pairing process (while the Prius was still looking for the phone). This forced the pairing to occur. Don't know if this will work for your phone but it may be worth a try... ;)

7. filmguy

filmguy New Member

ok I found out that the phone uses 1.1 bluetooth and the prius uses 1.1 so why I cannot get it to find the phone is beyond me.anybody have any ideas ???thx again for all the input

8. tufus

tufus New Member

Do you know anything about the LGVX9800. I was having troulbe with Verizon E815, returned and thinking abut this phone>

9. filmguy

filmguy New Member

ok got it working there was a sub sub sub menue in the phone that asked if its ok to authorize the phone once I changed it to yes everything worked great. I can hardly wait to go back to my dealer and show him the non compatible phone working .thx to all for your help

10. berkley

berkley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll try again, don't let KISS scare you!!

kiss [keep it simple]

what's the best phone/cost effective that works [w/bluetooth]? and uses ALL the options offered by Prius??

mine was just got "lost"!!??

11. homebuilt

homebuilt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(filmguy @ Oct 18 2005, 10:49 PM) [snapback]142753[/snapback]</div>
    If you can remember where this submenu is, I'd appreciate it.