1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Not Working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mtneer79, Oct 12, 2010.

1. mtneer79

mtneer79 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My bluetooth was working fine with my Blackberry until last Friday. Now, it connects automatically and the display says I am "talking". I check my phone and to see if somehow I accidentaly dialed my phone - I didn't. I can not answer a call or initiate a call. I did a search on the site and found others have had this problem, but no one seems to have a solution. Any ideas?

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You may want to un-pair your phone from the car, delete the profile from the phone and the car, and then set them up again. This may clear any glitch that may be preventing it from working correctly.

1 person likes this.
  3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My car's bluetooth dropped my phone's pairing for the third time in 6 months. It just happened again and now it can't find my phone. It's crazy. I'll have to take it to dealer and see what's up. I'm sure they'll tell me it's because off a full moon in the eastern hemisphere. My phone is an LG AX300 and it's previously connected to the car without problems. I have a 2010 Prius III, but do not have radar, nor backup camera. I don't connect an iPod, GPS or other extra-cirricular devices.

Happy Motoring!

tom

4. mtneer79

mtneer79 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Twittel, My phone is a Blackberry Tour and my Prius is exactly like yours. If you take your car to the dealer, please let me know what they say. Thanks

5. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    +1

Also keep in mind that if your phone ever receives firmware updates from your carrier (which you may not even know about, depending on your phone and settings), it can mess up or even delete Bluetooth pairings, because they seem to always be modifying Bluetooth on phones, to address issues like this. You may need to delete and re-pair whenever you phone firmware is updated.

1 person likes this.
  6. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

1 person likes this.
  7. jim256

jim256 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

1 person likes this.
  8. PattiML

PattiML New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    exact same thing just happened to me w/Blackberry tour (no new Apps or software). Suddenly it stopped working, dropped calls the second they connected or were initiated but callers said they could hear my radio but not me! Did deleting it work for anyone? Could dealer fix it? Thanks much

9. PattiML

PattiML New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    THANKS. I tried deleting the phone and its registration and even renaming the phone. But when I tried to pair the phone it said there was nothing to pair it with. And when I tried to make a call it'd be ok when dialing but the minute it connected, it would stop working. I guess I will have to trek to the dealer. But thanks for answering me. Much appreciated

10. Bryon Azoulay

Bryon Azoulay New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    For me the car doesn’t even make noise when touching the blue tooth button or the lower or raise volume (as we know raising it all the way responds with the car beeping). Anyone?