1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth opinions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by calabrsn, Feb 26, 2009.

1. calabrsn

calabrsn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I will be purchasing a new Prius very soon and would like some opinions on the Bluetooth. I heard there are some limititations, like it does not allow you to dial phone numbers or look up numbers in your phone book while car is in motion. Also, some have stated it can't download your address book from your phone. Is this common with most phone models? Also, some speakerphones have poor sound quality. How is the voice quality as far as speaking and listening? Any other opinions on the Bluetooth?

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For the COMPLETE list of phones that work with Prius and what functions of a specific phone your intrested in go here ...

Toyota Bluetooth Phone

follow directions, READ, understand, ENJOY!!!

Worked for me. Verizon Envy was my choice 99.9 compatable!!!

3. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had my '08 for 10 months before I decided to upgrade my old phone to a bluetooth model. (yes, my phone was really old). I picked up a Samsung Eternity.

Connecting the phone up with the Prius was easy to do. I found, however, that I could not copy my phonebook to the car. It's quite possible that I was doing it incorrectly or was impatient. I only have about 12 contacts in my phone, so it wasn't a big deal for me to put them into the car manually. I then added voice tags and speed dial to all of the numbers. Again, it was easy to do.

When the car is moving, you can't access your phone book or dial a number. You can, however, use speed dial, dial by name or by number using voice recognition. The VR works very well. I've never had it misunderstand a name or number.

The only problem I had with calls was the outgoing volume. People just coldn't hear me very well. That was easily solved by changing the outgoing volume setting on the MFD. It's not a simple press of a button, but there are specific instructions on how to do it here on PriusChat.

I'm very happy with the bluetooth function and call quality on the Prius. I am sure if I had a little more patience, I would have figured out the phone book thing.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mine works great. Sound quality is excellent, both outbound and inbound. Speed dial and dial by number are easy to use. I highly recommend the OEM Bluetooth option if you insist on using a cell phone while driving.

Tom

5. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The one feature both my wife and I use the most, day in day out. Can't imagine not having it in our next car.

6. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    While it is true you cannot look up a number manually while driving, you can use the voice recognition feature while driving. I do it all the time. As far as uploading your phone book, many phones work and many do not - it all comes down to the software in the phone. Check the online resource to see which do.

7. calabrsn

calabrsn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks for the opinions. That was just the kind of feedback I was looking for.

8. stellaf

stellaf New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius

It is such a nice stuff and I really like it. Thank you so much for sharing.

Stella

9. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you can also set up about 17 speed dial numbers that can be dialed while driving. when you're driving, just press the off-hook button on the steering wheel and you'll see the 3 pages of speed dial numbers on the screen, 6 numbers per page and the first page one of the 6 slots is occupied by the last number dialed through the car.