1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth - phone book won't transfer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sweetguy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. sweetguy

sweetguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a one-year old blackberry (not pearl) and when I tell my new 2008 Prius to transfer phone book, the MFD says "Under Transfer" but it stays that way permanently and no addresses actually get entered. The blackberry otherwise functions very well with the Prius.

Anyone know if there's a way to fix this?

2. The Root

The Root Desert Dweller

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is exactly what happened the first time I tried to transfer the contact list. I was looking through the manual for my phone (Samsung SCH u540) when I came to the section on sending a v-card. Following the directions in the phone manual, once I got to the point where the Prius MFD said "under transfer", I then marked all my contacts and sent a v-card to "handsfree". Voila, worked perfectly. I don't know if the balckberry will do this, but I send this to you FWIW.

3. sweetguy

sweetguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Root, I'll try that.

4. NaptownPrius

NaptownPrius Getting Greener....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I sent all my contacts from my Palm Treo 650 just fine...but I can't dial from the car. I can dial on my phone and it works just fine through the car, or receive calls and it works fine.

Anyone have problems making a call with a linked bluetooth phone using just the car's displays?

5. sweetguy

sweetguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I believe the problem you are referring to is Toyota's deliberate disabling of most calling functions while driving. You should find that it works just fine while you are stopped.

They did the same thing to the navigation system (at least in the 08 model). I find this ridiculous because, even if you agree with their safety concern, why shouldn't a passenger be allowed to use the phone and navigation while someone else is driving? I refused the nav system for that reason -- I make do with a Nuvi which simply makes me "agree" not to use it while driving.

6. NaptownPrius

NaptownPrius Getting Greener....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good point...sometimes the buttons are touchable...other times they're shaded dark. That may be why.

Also on my radio I get the MSG indication from some radio stations...but they won't let you see the message while driving...usually it's just the ame of the artist and song...which usually shows up on the radio display anyways.

I wonder if the phone can be set up to allow use while moving?

7. kevinwhite

kevinwhite Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You can use the speed dials while moving - so you have to register common numbers as a speed dial.

kevin

8. helmkera

helmkera Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Any tips for transfering phone numbers from a Samsung Blackjack SGH-i607 (Cingular)? I have downloaded my "contacts" from MS OUTlook into the phone; for most entries this includes home, business, and mobile phone numbers. When I try to transfer a contact from the Blackjack to the Prius, I only get one number (the first listed). Is there anyway to transfer all the numbers for a contact?

(Of course, it would be nice if Samsung had built the phone with the ability to transfer the whole phonebook, but thats not going to happen.)

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There's a speed sensor wire that you can cut and install a switch. When switched to OFF the car thinks the car is stopped and you have full access to the telephone and the MSG on the radio. If left to OFF, you'll lose the 5-minute bars for the time it's off and the turning wheels on the Energy screen. If it's turned off while dialing or looking at the MSG and turned back on you won't lose anything.