1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth - Phone - Set up questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rangerdavid, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Ok, got a new Droid phone, but my Bluetooth phone bank is full. How do I delete some of the old phones in the Prius that are on there?

Second question, I just can't seem to get the Prius and phone to connect, or to see each other. I have sthe Droid in "discoverable" mode, and of course the BT is turned on, but it doesn't "see" the car. I know its not a Prius problem as my wife's phone still connects.

Any suggestions, thought, or input appreciated.

:D
    RD

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    You can delete phones from the car. There is a button for that on the MFD.

You have to set the car to look for the phone first, then quickly set the phone to look for the car. It will find a "headset". You set the phone to "discoverable" then tell it to "scan for devices". Once paired you can turn off "discoverable" for security. The phone and car will still connect automatically (if you have set the car to do that).

1 person likes this.
  3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    thanks! but how do you set the car to look for your phone? I've never had to do that before, but apparently I'm going to have to now. And I'll go look for the delete button to remove the old phones.

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Page 176 in the owners manual is where you can read all about it.
    I'll list the steps:
    On the "Info" screen press "Telephone".
    Press "Settings" on the telephone screen.
    Press "Bluetooth" on the settings screen.
    Press "Register" on the bluetooth screen.
    Enter the passkey shown on the MFD into the phone (once you have set up the phone to "search for devices" and it's found the "headset" - the car).
    That should do it. Do keep in mind both the telephone and the car will time out if you dally. So don't get discouraged, keep trying and you'll get it to pair successfully.

1 person likes this.