1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth phone with option pkg#5?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by johnmcsoft, Jul 10, 2006.

1. johnmcsoft

johnmcsoft New Member

I just ordered a 2006 Prius, and was reading through the chats here about using Bluetooth phones. The Prius I ordered is option package #5, which according to Toyota includes "hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth wireless technology".

However, various comments on this forum say Bluetooth phones only work if you have the Navigation system, which is packages #7 and #8.

So does anyone know if I'll be able to use my phone with option package #5? It's not a deal breaker, but something to look forward to if it's possible.

Thanks!

- John

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JohnMcSoft @ Jul 10 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]283909[/snapback]</div>
    In the 04 and 05 model years Toyota offered Bluetooth in the Prius only in conjunction with the navigation system. It is offered as a stand alone feature on the 06 models.

3. johnmcsoft

johnmcsoft New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 10 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]283923[/snapback]</div>
    Hooray! Although I must say, Toyota's info on Bluetooth is meager at best. Most of it refers you to the Lexus web pages and even some third-party pages.

Thanks for the quick answer!

- John

4. badaka

badaka New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've got package 5 and the Bluetooth works great with my Nextel