1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth port option - any experiences?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mix, Jun 6, 2009.

1. mix

mix New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am looking for a Prius II and received a quote from a dealer for a Prius II with a bluetooth port option ($299). I would like bluetooth but it's not worth the extra $1000 for the Prius III to me. Does anybody know what this port option Bluetooth is, how it compares with the factory install, etc? I didn't realize it was an option and can't find anything about it.

Thanks!

2. drinkingsilk

drinkingsilk New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm interested in knowing this as well. Has anyone seen a II yet with Bluetooth installed? Does it have the same steering wheel controls as the III, or is it different?

Thanks.

3. i3akachan

i3akachan i love my new prius:)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a Prius II w/ Bluetooth port option.

It's NOT the same as the Prius III and up. The buttons for it were installed at the right-hand side behind my steering wheel, below the dash board. The mic is located right behind the steering wheel. I'll try to put up a pic of this soon...

It kinda looks like this, except for the location: Toyota Prius 2010 Blu Logic Hands Free Kit - OEM NEW!:eBay Motors (item 130306532001 end time Jun-13-09 11:38:07 PDT)

I wasn't too impressed by how it looks, but it works great! The sound quality, according to people who have called me in my car, is really good. I remember seeing some threads about the quality of sound for the Prius III+ Bluetooth, how they were having problems... I think their mic is located overhead... but no problems with mine.

I'm pretty happy w/ it... I do not know if I'd pay an extra $1000 for the Prius III.

1 person likes this.
  4. web1b

web1b Active Member

Sounds like it would be awkward to reach the contols to answer and end calls.
    No caller-ID like factory bluetooth?
    Is it loud enough to hear over highway noise?

For the extra upgrade to Prius III, you get higher quality sound with the high fidelity, JBL sound system, bluetooth and factory integrated XM satellite radio.

5. i3akachan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here are the pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yea, not as cool w/o the caller-ID. The sounds quality is fine, though.

6. i3akachan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Also, it is integrated w/ your music, so when you get a call, it will turn your music off and ring. When you're done with your call, it will resume the music.

It also automatically connects with your phone when you turn on the car.

7. wfolta

wfolta Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have the III's Bluetooth and people love the quality. In fact, I've been told that I need to speak more softly because it comes through so loud-n-clear and I tend to subconsciously talk louder in a car to compensate for road noise. So the overhead mic works pretty well, and also allows for anyone in the car to be heard fairly well, too.

8. Scott T

Scott T New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did it come already installed from the dealership? Do you know if this is something I can have the dealership install, or if it's easy enough for me to install. Thanks for the help!