1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Azcomputerguru, May 17, 2012.

1. Azcomputerguru

Azcomputerguru New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been reading as much as I can on Bluetooth problems. Each seems to be met with a certain amount of "Meh, maybe you're holding it wrong." I'd really like to get to the bottom of what's going on with my Car/Phone combination. I use my Prius as a mobile office, and I'm in it all day. Bluetooth problems are making me a little insane, so any advice would be appreciated.

The Prius is a 2012 without Nav. The phone is a Droid Razr. During calls the phone will switch to speaker phone and the head unit will say call lost. The call is still in session and after a few seconds the bluetooth link is re-established and audio returns to the car audio. This will happen every few minutes, and sometime more often than that.

I've tried the proposed fixes from Toyota, being to remove the profile and start over with a new connection profile. I've even factory reset the phone per Motorola's advice. I should add that this phone in an Infinity G series had no problems at all over the 4 days I was traveling with this handset. Additionally playing audio from the phone will not cause this. Only phone conversations in this car.

It really seems to be problem with the car, but I don't know if it can be fixed at all, or even who to talk to about getting it resolved. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Call Toyota please!!
    I have called Toyota and of course the reply" no other known cases ". The blue tooth issues all of them need to be addressed.
    Call please.

3. Rich F

Rich F New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree about calling Toyota. The BT link is a little finicky in these cars. If you're feeling adventurous, you could always try updating your phone with a custom ROM. I have a Sprint Galaxy epic touch, and was having problems, until I installed an alpha build of jelly bean (not officially released for my phone), and the bluetooth has been far more consistent since then.

It's really not a solution for everyone, and doing so will void your phone's warranty, annoy verizon, and quite possibly cause a puppy to get hit by a truck, but, it can be cheaper than buying a new phone just to test whether you can make this situation more liveable. Good luck!