1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by LaniLobes, May 12, 2006.

1. LaniLobes

LaniLobes New Member

Hi All

I have a Nokia 6020 with an AD-5b blue tooth adapter and I can't seem to get it to connect tot he prius system.

Any ideas if it is a prius issue or an adapter issue?

The prius seems to sit at the "enter pass key" bit and the pass key does nothing on the phone.....

Help <_<

Lani

2. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LaniLobes @ May 12 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]254040[/snapback]</div>
    Does the phone recognize that there is a bluetooth device out there to pair with? I looked up this unit on the web and am not sure how it interacts with the phone as far as display for pairing. In theory, the phone should detect the Prius as a handsfree device and ask if you want to pair with it. When you say you do, it would ask for the "pass key". Doesn't sound to me like you're able to get the two to communicate as the Prius is just sitting there sending its request for a handshake and your unit doesn't seem to recognize it. :(

3. LaniLobes

LaniLobes New Member

Thats exactly the problem - I think it won't work. On reading the manual it says it only interfaces with headsets and not other bluetooth devices.

Its a bit disappointing as it is pitched as a "blue tooth" adapter - which it quite clearly isn't....

4. DougSlug

DougSlug Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LaniLobes @ May 13 2006, 03:29 AM) [snapback]254648[/snapback]</div>
    I went through the same process. That's how I learned about "Handsfree" and "Headset" profiles, specifically, that those adapters do not support the "Handsfree" profile. Fortunately, I was skeptical from the beginning (because I read about the unsuccessful attempts here beforehand), so I kept the packaging materials neat so I could return it easily. I think that the outer labeling on the device package should make it clear that the device only supports the "Headset" profile, and may not work with car-based hands-free systems (although it may depend on the car). If you ask the Radio Shack guy/gal if it'll work, I seriously doubt he/she is capable of answering the question.

- Doug