1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Quit -- Onboard Computer Gone Crazy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mythlady, May 6, 2009.

1. mythlady

mythlady New Member

I've had the phantom volume changing problem in my '06 since I got the car, though of course it will never do it when I'm at the dealer. The bluetooth worked fine, although now and then the phone wouldn't connect, which I solved by deleting my phone and re-registering it.

Well, now the phone won't connect at all, when I change radio stations, that screen just sits there (never goes back to trip information), and of course the volume goes up and down, not all the time, just enough to make me crazy.

Any idea about the bluetooth problem? It hangs up at the screen that tells you to put the passkey in, which I do, but then it just sits there forever. My phone says it's located "Handsfree," but the car never says it's connected -- or even that it can't find the connection. It just sits there.

Is there such a thing as a reboot for the onboard computer? Mine seems to have gone crazy.

2. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It would be helpful knowing what type of phone you have and what carrier. There are certain phones that don't do blue-tooth well. The one that really comes to mind is the Motorolla Q (since I had one). A couple of tricks will save you time.

1) Set your phone to connect to blue-tooth automatically. You may have to do this under the 'tools' section and not under the blue-tooth manager. Now when you get in your car and turn it on you are connected.
    2) Remember to transfer your phone book. It's not necessary, but if you ever lose your phone you have a back-up (provided you don't sync with Outlook).

Hopefully this helps. As for the screen thing... you might have to play a little but somewhere buried in the menu's is an option that allows the screen to return to consumption or map after entry (of a station, cd, mp3, sat etc.). As for the volume I think there is a dynamic volume control that you can enable or disable. I would disable that feature and see how that works for you. I wish I could help more but I have an 04 that doesn't have some of the features that you do.

Best of Luck!