Bluetooth song info no longer displayed and steering controls stopped working

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Damon P, May 27, 2019.

1. Damon P

Damon P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    All of a sudden yesterday song info stopped playing and I can no longer skip tracks with the steering wheel control pad ..
    I removed and re-paired my phone and same thing.
    Any idea how to fix this?

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Bluetooth or USB source? If BT, there is reportedly a ‘BT Reset to Factory Settings” on the BT setup screen.

3. Damon P

Damon P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Bluetooth... I'll try that

4. Damon P

Damon P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Nope... did not resolve it. :(
    I have a feeling that since I installed entune on my phone it has been changing the functionality of my unit... all for the worse.

5. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    What are you streaming from over Bluetooth? I assume it is a particular phone app. And from what type of phone is your "unit"? Failure of song information to display and the steering wheel buttons to not skip tracks can be a phone application problem. For example, there was a period a few years back (in 2014?) when the Pandora app on Android (outside of Entune) stopped working with some or maybe all Toyota audio systems - I never found out the extent of the problem but the Pandora people replied when I complained that it was a recently reduced bug that was going to be fixed. Pandora continued to work properly within Entune but not when streamed from the Pandora app outside Entune.

If it is a particular phone app you are streaming from, check to see when it was last updated.

Nice avatar photo! The woman in the photo looks like my sister - that's her natural expression or at least the one she has when she's around me.

Edit: I should have said: The Pandora app continued to play over Bluetooth but no longer displayed song information or allowed skipping songs during the time it bug-ie with Toyota systems a few years ago.

#5 Offline, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Damon P likes this.
  6. Damon P

Damon P New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    The streaming app is Google play music, last updated may 9th

7. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Are other stream apps properly displaying song information on the in-dash screen?

I use several music streaming services but not Google Play music. Occasionally there's a lag in displaying song information on the in-dash screens of our Sienna and Prius when streaming or sometimes information for a song never displays at all but I can still skip with the steering wheel buttons. Usually song information for the next song will display. I've assume that this is a phone or phone app problem since behavior is consistent in multiple vehicles.

Does your Google Play music display song information in other vehicles?