1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth sounds "Tinny"?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by shoregeek, Aug 3, 2006.

1. shoregeek

shoregeek New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello All,
    I just bought my 2006 Prius a couple of days ago - love this car! :)

It is primarily a work car so the bluetooth function was important to have, however after setting it up I called one of my technicians for a test. He stated I sounded like I was away from the phone and that I sounded like I was in a tin can.

Is there a way to improve upon this? Or a direction to which I should point my head when speaking? :)

Great forum here - whomever started it my hat off to you!

-Eric aka Shoregeek

2. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The microphone is located by the sunglasses holder on the ceiling by the cabin lights, but I would recommend against pointing your head towards while driving.

3. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

My voice system actually works better than the BT earpiece...if volume is adjusted to high, can be a problem...but no complaints from people I call, other than usual weak signal issues in some zones...

t

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It would help if you posted what kind of phone is.

5. shoregeek

shoregeek New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Aug 3 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]297437[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, how right you are. My apologies.

Motorola Razr with Cingular as the carrier.

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shoregeek @ Aug 3 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]297443[/snapback]</div>

Most people have said that the sound is ok with the GSM version of the Razr - try it again with your head turned up a touch.

7. augenbraunj

augenbraunj New Member

I had the same complaints from people I called (and I have the same phone) ... I improved the situation by doing the following:

Access the service menu:
    press "Display" and then press below-left the top bar, above left the bottom bar, below-left the top bar, above left the bottom bar, below-left the top bar, above left the bottom bar.

If you press "Menu" in the upper right, there will be a bluetooth menu that includes something like "microphone volume". I cranked it to the maximum value (5). There is also a code for filters, presumably audio filters to help with road noise. Does anyone have the list of these codes? (the screen says they're in the service manual).

People reported an improvement in sound quality. Better, but far from perfect.