1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth speaker question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Joyce, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Joyce

Joyce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have an '06 #7, and a question about the speaker inwhich I receive my Bluetooth calls. When I receive a call, the radio shuts off, and all speakers (at least from the driver's seat it seems like all speakers) relay the phone conversation. When I purchased the car last month, the dealer said that I can "do something" so the call only goes through the driver's speaker, and the radio plays for the other occupants. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
    Joyce

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AFAIK the sound only goes through the speaker by your foot on the driver's side....

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joyce @ Sep 15 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]320217[/snapback]</div>
    Um, your dealer only sells them. Don't expect most dealers to actually KNOW anything about the Prius. How would the radio play for the other occupants and not the driver? Some "cone of silence" comes on around you? If you want to bait him, ask the dealer to "do something" to your Bluetooth phone setup to make it work as he described.

A phone call mutes the audio system (including CD/aux input) and the distant party's voice comes through the lower speaker on the driver's side, as Evan said. That's the only way it works.

4. Joyce

Joyce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks guys...I know when I was at the dealers looking at the car, I was overwhelmed with all the "stuff" it has. Now that I own it, I know so much more...maybe more than my dealer :p There are a few other things that he said that I am now questioning...

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joyce @ Sep 15 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]320217[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps he was referring the the "Auto mute" button, which is located on one of the phone screens of the MFD (sorry, I do not remember which - perhaps it is the screen that is displayed while a call is in progress). That option controls whether the radio is automatically silenced during phone calls.

6. c_ocean

c_ocean New Member

I know, I know...RTFM...but I did that at least for the part about activating Bluetooth and so far I have not been able to make it work. My mobile phone recognizes the Bluetooth in the car, but the car does not respond to my mobile phone. I might have to go ask the dealer for help...

7. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(c_ocean @ Sep 22 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]323437[/snapback]</div>
    Hi c_ocean,

I don't know what your experience is with BlueTooth, but BT devices need to be 'paired' in order for them to communicate. Have you been successful in doing so?

It is also possible that if your phone is older, it may not be supported. There is a list of supported phones from Toyota, here is a link to a bunch of BlueTooth manuals for certain phones...

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

Though I don't know how complete or accurate that list is; I have the Motorola V710 and it works like a charm. B)

Hope that helps... Good luck!

Kevin

8. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sarge @ Sep 22 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]323774[/snapback]</div> The link does not work :eek:
    The error returned is:

Page Not Found

Sorry, the page you requested ( /bluetooth/toyota-bt/v3razr_bt.pdf ) was not found.

9. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicos @ Sep 24 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]324258[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm... I just tried some of the links myself and realized the same thing. <_< I guess Toyota has taken the guides down. Sorry about that, I did not check them beforehand.

All of the information you should need for pairing the BlueTooth between your phone and car is in the manual for your phone and the car. Have you tried these procedures?

Kevin