1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Static Verizon E815 phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pendetim, Oct 25, 2006.

1. pendetim

pendetim Junior Member

Hi All,
    I just recently got a Verizon Motorola E815 cell phone from my son. I successfully got it to link to the Bluetooth in my 2006 Prius and set up phone books etc.

I keep the phone in the cup holder on on my belt clip on the right side of my body so it should be close to the BT antenna in the car.

The incoming audio is GREAT. However other people are complaining about static in my voice to the point of the converstaion being imposssible.

Any one have any ideas what is going on here?

The signal shown on the display show 3 to 5 bars and I am in digital mode on the phone, as the E815 does not support analog.

The voice on the phone is great when I do not use the bluetooth and just use it as a normal cell phone. I have not tried it with a bluetooth headset as I do not own one.

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've been told bad things about the voice quality from my end, but I've called my answering machine and listened to it and believe that some people are just perfectionists...

3. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the same phone an no problems with static

4. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the Verizon E815 also with no voice problems - I've been told it sounds alot better than when I just use it on speakerphone. I generally keep it plugged in (in the center console) while in the car and drop the phone into the center console. I always have full bars, and it BT connects within seconds of turning on the car.

There are hidden diagnostic screens that allows you to check the voice quality of the car:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=2...agnostic+screen

Don't get too carried away in these screens if you are not familiar with them, but setting the voice level shouldn't be a problem.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have an e815 (clipped to my belt on the left side) for over a year now and have never gotten a complaint about static.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Just another (positive) report: Absolutely NO complaints with my e815 and '04 after having used it extensively since June of this year. Likewise with respect to the phone my e815 replaced, a Moto V710.

7. pendetim

pendetim Junior Member

Thanks for all the comments. I will try some tests to my answering machine when get back home.
    im

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pendetim @ Oct 27 2006, 07:17 PM) [snapback]339745[/snapback]</div>
    Good idea, it's a great way to test as you can hear it for yourself if there's a problem. Be sure to keep us posted.

9. whburling

whburling Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pendetim @ Oct 25 2006, 08:03 AM) [snapback]337875[/snapback]</div>
    I would greatly appreciate knowing how you downloaded your phone book. Could you please provide step by step instructions. Thanks much,
    Bil

10. pendetim

pendetim Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bil @ Nov 5 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]344284[/snapback]</div>
    Hi bil,
    Actually I did not transfer my phone book into the Prius. I manually entered the couple I needed.

As a followup to the static problem: Now, through no fault of mine, the static is gone. It just cleared up by itself. Possible it could have been caused by the cell system I was using in NC. It was AllTell where I was at the time. Now I am back on Verizon and things are good.
    Go figure.

Thanks to all who gave me suggestions and shared their experiences.
    Tim