1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth/steering wheel button/energy display one day failure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cyswright, Sep 4, 2008.

1. cyswright

cyswright New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a 2007 Prius with about 18,000 miles. Driving about 55 on a highway, my bluetooth phone rang, I answered and then someone else beeped in. The system answered call waiting by itself! A few hours later, same speed and highway, I noticed that my both energy displays had no arrow/bars or numbers for current usage but the previous 5 minute sections were still visible. Then I tried switching displays through the steering wheel buttons and found that none of them worked or called up the displays. Then my husband called me on my phone and the bluetooth display came up and he could hear me but I couldn't hear him. He called back several times, same result. It was dark and the car was still running fine, so I didn't want to stop to check things out till I got home. When I did, I turned the car off and turned it back on and everything worked fine. I took it in to the dealer the next day and they suggested waiting a week to see if the problem re-occurred. It did not. It is at the dealer right now and I am waiting to see what they say. Until a few minutes ago I didn't even know what MFD stood for, but now I do and I'm worried. I told the dealer that I wanted the problem documented even if it wasn't happening now. Other threads documented MFD issues with 04 and 05 models but have there been issues with the 2007? Is this the pattern of a slowly failing MFD? The service advisor already told me emphatically that the blue tooth issue has nothing to do anything other than my phone and my carrier (T-Mobile). Suggestions?

2. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would not say that your car is having the same issues as the 04 or 05 models because of the redesign of the MFD. It could just be a hiccup in the system but having it documented is a good idea.

3. cyswright

cyswright New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks. Surprisingly, it turns out the service department found 3 error codes when they checked it. They are checking with Toyota about how to proceed. I am really glad I took it in!.