1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth to survive as part of UWB

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mikepaul, May 4, 2005.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050504/ap_on_..._ultra_wideband

Anybody know if Toyota could upgrade the Bluetooth module in the car to a UWB one? I never heard where it was actually located, but the idea of eventually getting a UWB-capable cell phone that would dawdle while talking to my car isn't all that thrilling.

Nokia 6230 at Amazon will be -$50.00 after rebates, and my Verizon contract is up next week, so I'll be working on the changeover starting tonight...

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i hadnt heard of the UWB BT thing yet and some of the numbers mentioned in this article are a lot different than ones i have seen about UWB.

for one, the NY Times had an article where the bandwidth would be 500Mbps. the increase to 3Mbps for BT is good i suppose, but i wouldnt go out of my way to buy it right now and unless you are going to video phone, i dont see what the extra bandwidth would do. for transfers of larger data for PDA's and what not, sure faster is always better. but to transmit voice, what we have is more than sufficient