1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Treo & Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MWP1, Sep 30, 2007.

1. MWP1

MWP1 New Member

I just bought a new Prius with the Navigation/JBL sound package. The bluetooth works great except that when I voice dial "call by number" or "call by name", pressing the talk or the green dial button on the steering column doesn't seem to dial the call. Instead it goes back to the beginning. Am I missing a step or pushing the wrong button to command the system to start the call?

Does anyone know if this is a problem with the Treo 650 or with the Prius Navigation.Voice system?

MWP1

2. Marvinh

Marvinh Marvin

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MWP1 @ Sep 30 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]519575[/snapback]</div>

I think you are getting the sequence wrong: I haven't used the voice commands to dial very often but I think you have to do the following:

- first, be sure you are in the phone dialing screen.

- do NOT push the talk button or the green button.

- Instead, push the voice command button on the steering wheel. That is the button above the telephone buttons. It looks like a face with a some diagonal lines.

Hope this helps - Marvin

3. Tojo

Tojo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I believe it is just timing... If ou don't wait until the system is completely ready before dialing, it will start over (especially when using the voice commands.)

Try waiting an extra few seconds before you dial, then press the "off hook" button to dial. That usually works best for me. I thinkik "she" just does not like to be interrupted before she is done talking. :D

4. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have just changed one of the settings in the phonebook and now want to add a voice command to that phone number. Reading the manual it states to use the Edit contact data display. How do I get that display?
    I can get an Edit contact data display but that only shows Name, Tel1, Tel2 and Group, it does not allow editing or setting of a voice tag.

5. O-Mel-Prius

O-Mel-Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orf @ Oct 1 2007, 12:07 AM) [snapback]519666[/snapback]</div>
    Hello Orf,
    I also have Treo and Prius, was just adding Voice Recognition to my phone book entry.
    (Were you able to transfer data for your Treo to your Prius?)

The screens take a while to find your way around.
    In the manual see the screen, page 208 – 210.
    1. Push the "Info" button to display the Information screen.
    2. Touch the "Telephone" icon.
    3. Touch the "Phone Book" icon to display the phone book mgt screen.
    4. Touch the "Edit" icon.
    5. Displays the "Edit Contact Data", (Name, Tel1, Tel2 and Group),
    touch the down arrow (in the bottom left of the screen).
    6. On the second screen, See "Voice Recognition" field.
    7. Touch the “Voice Recâ€, record your message, press “okâ€.

Melody

6. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mel in Mass @ Oct 1 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]520110[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the instructions Melody.
    Actually I have a Motorola V360 and yes I did transfer the phonebook quite a while ago and added voice tags. However, I made some changes to the phonebook in the car and could not remember how I entered the tags and could not find the correct display.
    Your directions were just what was needed because I did not realise that the down arrow in instruction 5 would take me to the display I needed.