1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth, verizon, 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by clifford, Nov 11, 2006.

1. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have read bluetooth forums. Can't say I have a clear answer for what compatable phone to buy for my Prius.
    Could I please have input, recommendations, for a new bluetooth phone for my Prius? I would like to do this relatively soon.
    Thanks for all of your help.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Both the Razor and the e815 have gotten high marks. I have the e815, and am happy with it.

Since you mentioned Verizon, keep in mind that Verizon has disabled OBEX (and more importantly OOP) which prevents you from sending the phonebook to the Prius. I think there's a Verizon phone that does, but I don't remember what phone that is. I have a 2005, so I can't enter the numbers manually. I got a Sony Ericsson T68i (T-Mobile) on eBay and used that.

3. calpal

calpal New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clifford @ Nov 11 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]347661[/snapback]</div>
    I have an '07 and a RAZR phone. How do I synchronize them?

4. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(calpal @ Nov 12 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]347925[/snapback]</div>
    Check your owner's manual and see the answer I posted on the other thread :)

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I will be eligible for my 2 year upgrade from Verizon in December. I plan to buy either one of the new Razr phones or another LG with bluetooth. I understand that although Verizon still disables the OBEX file transfer featuer, they had activated I believe what is called a V-Card push feature which allows some file transfer. I'm not really sure how it works as I don't have one yet. I do think some of the new Motorola Razr phones are cool though..... Good luck :lol:

EDIT: ok, i just checked the Verizon site, and it says the Motorola Q will allow a phonebook transfer. the new MotoKrazr will do the V-Card push (i think that means one entry at a time, but still not sure on that one)