1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Volume

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Zaxcom, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Zaxcom

Zaxcom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If anyone finds a way to turn up the volume of the Bluetooth in a car without the NAV system please post it. Mine is not loud enough at highway speeds with the A/C blowing to hear it.

2. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not answering your question, but I am finding that the placement of the microphone isn't as good as in my Gen 2 ... I have to concentrate on talking into it a bit more.

3. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are you saying that the other people can hear you but you can't hear them? or the other way around?

G

4. Zaxcom

Zaxcom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I cant hear them.

5. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    In the other Toyota models equipped with Bluetooth you can press the volume up button on the steering wheel. I haven't tried it on the new Prius, but I'm sure that it should be the same. There is also a guidance volume which can be set by going into setting, and then system which controls the voice volume when using the bluetooth walk through function.

6. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You weren't talking to me, but it seems people have a tougher time hearing me ... I have to MORE consciously talk into the mic ... in Gen 2, the mic was off centered toward each side of the car ... now it's RIGHT in the middle.

7. prius2x

prius2x New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have just adjusted the volume on the steering wheel. That helps.

PS... anybody know how to adjust the ringing volume? The radio is faded away and then the ring comes, so loudly. Obviously I'm going to notice because the radio just cut out... my attention is grabbed. So it would be nice to turn down the ring volume (or better, have a choice of ring tones?)

Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  8. popserge

popserge New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Interesting, I find the opposite to be true in my 2010. The passenger in my 2005 could not be heard on the other end of a bluetooth cell conversation. The passenger in my 2010 can be heard as well as I can on bluetooth cellular. Just goes to show:confused: