1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth without Navigation possible?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by scoot, Jan 19, 2006.

1. scoot

scoot Member

this is my first post so I apologize if it's in the wrong place. I'm considering buying a new Prius and I'm rather horrified at the price for the option package that includes NAV and Bluetooth. I'm wondering if there are plug-and-play kits designed to provide either cradle or bluetooth car kits for the Prius that integrate well with the rest of the car. My current phone is a Nokia 6310i which works well with my Nokia car kit in my pickup truck and also works with the Mercedes (european) cradle kit in my C230. The truck is going away and I'm looking for a replacement. Thanks! Scott

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  3. 616fun

616fun New Member

I just got the pkg #5 last Friday and love it!!! Bluetooth is probably one of my favorite features, but I wasn't willing to drop $2500 on a NAV option to get it.

4. km5er

km5er New Member

I have package 5 with BT. Very neat to have!

5. scoot

scoot Member

Well, finally got the car, w/ bluetooth and nav. I think that my phone is to primitive to download the phone directory to the Prius. Oh well. (I have a Nokia 6310i).

6. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We have package 3 with Bluetooth. Love the bluetooth.

7. stomsf

stomsf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Without a question, opt for the package just below the NAV package and get the Bluetooth. That way you get the interface thru the MFD as well as voice dialing capabilities.

If you want NAV check some of the other threads -- you can get an excellent portable NAV for $500-600 depending on the feature set you want. I would opt for a Garmin NUVI 350 or 360 (360 has bluetooth if you don't get it in your car) and the beauty of a portable GPS is that it's not tethered to your existing car -- invaluable if you travel and are in unfamiliar territory. With a portable GPS I don't need to spend prep time printing maps and directions before I leave for a trip -- just need addresses and I'm good to go.

Good luck!

8. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Called either Option D, Package 3, or HI

Option Combination #D $2,555
    - 50 state emissions (FE)
    - Package #3 -- includes Smart Key System [5], backup camera [11], Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [4], anti-theft system and auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® [5] universal transceiver, and JBL® AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer with nine speakers in seven locations, auxiliary audio jack, MP3/WMA playback capability, satellite radio capability [6] and hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth® [7] wireless technology (HI)