1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Salsa9wannabe, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Salsa9wannabe

Salsa9wannabe New Member

I know it has been discussed here -- but now that you all have had some time to "play" with your phones and services....which ones do you recommend? I really don't want Verizon to be able to block anything on my phone.

My Prius should be arriving around November 22. I'm soooo excited.

Thanks for your recommendations.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOVE my v505 that I got through Amazon. 2 year AT&T WS contract and made $75 after rebates. Great reception, works perfectly with the Prius, easy to use. Only complaint is that you can only upload 1 phone # at a time.

3. Cyndrax

Cyndrax New Member

I've had good luck with T-Mobile and my V600. Of course, I am still waiting on a Prius, so my experience is limited to Laptop transfers and a bluetooth headset.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    At this point I would say "stay away from Verizon" I have had one bad experience after another and no help for the problem just finger pointing. Their Bluetooth phone is only marginally functional. They are actively preventing you from using the compleat functionality of the phone to protect their income stream. Their major issue is that you use their network to down load pictures at a usurious rate. I am discussed and nearly ready to pay them off and get out. The only thing stopping me are the phone hacking sites. I may want to hang on and fix the phone the free market way. George would like that. Oh by the way I have no interest in the camera. It is at this point a useless gadget. The only use I could imagine for it is if I get in a accident to take pictures. You know NW corner SW corner the approach the get away etc etc.

5. rickkulp

rickkulp New Member

Like Evan, I'm delighted with the Motorola V505. When I got it a few weeks ago it was AT&T; now it's Cingular. Either way it works great with the Prius!

- Rick

6. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I also have Cingular and have good luck with the Sony Ericsson T616, which was free with a one year contract at Best Buy. I could do without the camera, but had trouble finding a Bluetooth phone without one.