1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by djcabor, Jul 20, 2008.

1. djcabor

djcabor New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Can I add two cell phones to my prius blutooth? I have connected my cell phone and would like to add my wife's cell phone also.

2. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, you can pair up to 4 or 5 phones, but you do have to go into phone settings (when the car is not moving) to choose the phone. If the phone used hasn't changed, then AutoConnect saves the hassle.

3. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just to elaborate and restate what the previous poster said: yes, it's possible and works fine. In fact, my wife and I have such a setup right now. Each paired phone will show up with the name you give it in the Bluetooth menu's.

The only hassle is that the Prius auto-connects only to the last paired phone selected through "Select Telephone". That means if the person in the driver's seat chagned, they'll want to get into the habit of going to the "Select Telephone" screen and choosing their phone before they start driving.

It's only a 10 second process requiring four button pushes (phone button, settings, select telephone, phone name), but it's easy to forget/neglect.