1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetoothe Caller ID

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mtissington, Aug 10, 2007.

1. mtissington

mtissington New Member

Am I missing something ?

Is it possible to have the Caller ID display or at least the number for incomming calls ?

2. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtissington @ Aug 10 2007, 11:23 PM) [snapback]493859[/snapback]</div>
    I have a Trēo 650, and the caller ID works with my Prius Bluetooth. If the phone number of the caller is in your directory it will display the name on the MFD for the incoming call. Otherwise it will show the phone number. It's possible that when you're moving the phone number won't display, though since I have my entire phonebook uploaded, it's very rare that I get such a call, so I'm not 100% sure about that last bit.

3. mtissington

mtissington New Member

Hmm, good to know that its possible. I wonder if its the age of my phone .... about a couple of years old.

4. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtissington @ Aug 11 2007, 12:05 AM) [snapback]493868[/snapback]</div>
    Different phones interact differently with the Prius. I'm able to get a battery level on the Prius and I know that other people are not. Also, I wouldn't completely trust Toyota's web site for accurate information on how your phone will interact with the Prius. The web site said that my phone couldn't upload the phone book yet I was able to upload it easily.

It's great having the bluetooth capability in the car but Toyota's implementation leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Just my $.02,
    Craig