1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bob Lang cartoon on CNN

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by jkash, Dec 11, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Normally, Bob Lang is the conservative of the two cartoonists CNN has on their page. This one surprised me.

2. prius04

prius04 New Member

I wouldn't be so optimistic. I suspect that his monster is actually US dependence on WORLD oil. The monster is not oil dependence per se, but foreign oil. True, it doesn't say that, but I suspect that if this guy is a conservative, his way to kill the monster is to drill, drill, drill and if that doesn't work, drill some more.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic. I hope so.

3. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    I'm surprised that you find that surprising!

From what I see, liberals like the Prius because of its low-emissions while conservatives like it for contributing to the reduction of our dependance on foreign oil.

Geez! A common ground! The Prius!

This is really funny when you read some groups want to hold Prius meetings protesting the upcoming inauguration and others want to have a Prius meeting of folks who supported "W."

4. prius04

prius04 New Member

I consider myself a liberal, though I'm sure my definition of a liberal is different from yours. And I'm ecstatic about the fuel savings from the Prius. And I'm ecstatic because maybe if we can get the oil monkey off our backs, our kids won't have to die to procure it. (Note that I said the oil monkey, NOT the foreign oil monkey. One is just slightly better than the other.)

In addition, I live near the coast and am about 120 feet above sea level. I really do not look forward to owning ocean front property someday, so yes, I'm also glad about the emisions.